Saturday, November 29, 2008
We're listening to Christmas carols, Lee and the animals are entertaining us with their antics and I'm putting decorations on the tree and surfing the net. Now if it could be softly snowing, it would be perfect!
The entryway is packed full of totes. So hopefully no one comes over because there's no way they would get in the front door. We're not decorating as much as we did last year because A) we're not on the Tour of Homes this year and B)most of the decorations are going to be packed up in the Trailblazer to be used for decor at Ember's wedding.
I've got pictures of thanksgiving that I need to post but I'm using Lance's laptop and the pictures are on my computer downstairs... so it will have to wait until later.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
So onto the thankful list:
- my fabulous husband!! He has to be #1 because he's such a great guy for all that he does & is. I'm a very lucky woman;)
- Lily & Baby2 (they are a very close 2nd to their daddy!)
- my family & friends (which include all our pets too!!)
- stretchy pants (a must for any pregnant woman)
- fitting in my bridesmaid dress
- getting a start on my Journal Your Christmas album put together so I don't fall behind
- the Great Pumpkin Dessert that's baking in the oven and making the house smell wonderful
There are so many other things but I'll leave it at that. What are you thankful for?
If you are traveling for the holidays, drive safely! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Shimelle's info for this class is located here. I took this class last year and absolutely loved it. It really helps you remember the true meaning and spirit of Christmas. I love that the prompts inspire me to journal as that is definitely the shortcoming in my scrapping. If you are needing some Christmas spirit or inspiration this season, definitely look into this class. It's not just for scrapbookers either. Anyone needing a creative outlet (writing, photography, ect) would really enjoy this class. I made my mom and grandma doing it with me last year. They both enjoyed it!
I also fit in my dress!! What a relief! When you look at me from the front, you can't even tell I'm pregnant. Then I turn sideways and YIKES! I have a serious growth protruding out of my belly area. So yay for fitting in the dress.
Today is the day of cleaning! I must get this house in shape before all the guests arrive on Thanksgiving. Gotta run!!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Once back home, I'll be cleaning and getting some of the food in order and lined up. Nothing glamorous or fun but essential. I might sneak in a nap too;) We'll see!
I'm going to try to talk Lance into going to Twili.ght with me too. I want to avoid all the screaming teenage girls so maybe we can go during the day! I've read all the books and they are amazing!! I love them:) We'll see how long it takes to get everything done in Fargo.
Friday, November 21, 2008
So to add on to the preggo weirdisms list:
- why is it that the memory is the first to go? Lance says I have CRSS... Can't Remember Shit Syndrome but only while pregnant. I know the blood is probably not going to my brain as often because it's spending more time in my uterus but really?? That's the last thing a pregnant lady needs is to lose her memory. EEK!
- why are my pregnancy dreams SO much more vivid and random?? A couple nights ago I dreamt about my college roommate who I haven't talked to or seen in a bazillion years. Last night I dreamt about Ember's wedding and how I forgot to paint my toe nails and I was freaking out because all I had was purple polish and not red to match the decor. I am wearing open-toed sandal/heels for the wedding so people will be able to see my toes but my dress is to the floor so it's really not THAT big of a deal. Apparently it was in my dream though! I do have reoccurring characters in my dreams but they are always in a different city/location/place. Just weird!
Today I'm cleaning. We're hosting Thanksgiving so I want to get a jump start on cleaning so I don't have to worry about it next week. I'm also pulling down the wallpaper in the soon-to-be nursery. I spray this stuff on it and it pull off beautifully but it runs down the walls and makes a mess. So I'll do it today before Lance cleans all the carpets this weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend and is all geared up for Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Lance and I shop on Black Friday so that will be a great time and even better because Lee is going to give us his credit card so we can buy a tv for him and whatever I want (scrapbook stuff/unicorn/another cat/ect). Yes, that IS what you said, Lee. I distinctly remember it....maybe you have pregnancy brain???
Thursday, November 20, 2008
- why is it that on TLC "Taking The Baby Home...the first 36 hours" does the man/husband say how tired he is and how it's been such a long couple of days and he just needs sleep? Umm, what exactly have you done, sir, that has made you so sleepy?
Is it giving birth? no
Is it feeding an infant with your body as the nourishment? no
Is it from bleeding like a stuffed pig? no
So let's see...you counted 1-8 several times, you held your wife's hand and sometimes a leg in the serious moments, told all the relatives the size/sex/name, held your new baby. Hmmm, anything else?? I can see why you are so exhausted....
Seriously! Get over yourself as you did NOTHING in the whole process. If you weren't there, your baby would still be born and fed and taken care of. You are NOT an essential part of the equation except in the conception. Give your wife some frickin love for ALL that she did, you selfish pig! Ugh. Can you tell I'm not watching that show again!
- $185 maternity jeans.... seriously?? They are very cool looking but really?? That much?! Now I'm a semi-high maintenance girl so I'm fine with spending money (especially my hubbys!! NO comments Lee!!) but to spend that much on maternity jeans? I couldn't even get myself to try them on.
- The wonderful "try to sneak a peek at the belly while the maybe pregnant or maybe put on some weight girl is not looking" move. Seriously...we see you...
- I always have to pee when I'm running errands. I normally (non-preggo) have a bladder of steel. As soon as I'm pregnant, that goes out the window so it's me and all the old women in the bathroom. They are the worst at the staring. Why is that?
OK...I'm done with what turned into a complaining post.
On a better note, Teddy now smells like a sugar cookie! You've gotta love that...thank you Petco! He's so clean and fluffy and not stinky! It's great.
Uggs is getting better. He's starting to walk more and go up and down the stairs.
So, I'm off to watch Ug.ly Be.tty and Greys. Have a great night:)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I want to send well wishes and prayers to Ember & Aaron as they are in Minneapolis with her father-in-law who had a heart attack at the Minneapolis Airport last Friday while trying to catch his connecting flight home. It sounds like he's getting better but the chance that he'll be able to attend the wedding is definitely in jeopardy.
Also needing some well wishes and prayers but for a good reason is Kat and her DH, Thomas, as they are off to the hospital this morning to delivery their son, Cullen! He is breech resulting in a c-section for Kat so I want to send them lots of positive vibes for their very exciting day!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Comparing Lily vs Baby2
-mild heartburn at bedtime
-all day and night nausea for 2.5 weeks
-slightly sensitive to smells
-can't stand chocolate or diet dew
-hair/nails growing like weeds
-very bloated during the 1st tri
-gained no weight in 21wks
-lots of heartburn all the time especially at bedtime
-extremely sensitive to smells especially air freshners
-mild nausea if I don't eat right away when I start to feel hungry
-still can't stand diet dew but can do a little chocolate as long as it's not straight chocolate...it's
got to be with something else like the scotcharoo bar I had yesterday! Yummy!!
-hair/nails growing like weeds
-expanding A LOT faster this time
-not as bloated feeling
-gained 2 lbs at 9wks
So going by the extreme differences in the pregnancy, I'm going to put my vote in that it's probably a boy. I'll be very surprised if it's another girl. I'd like a couple of each so I don't care what the sex is as long as s/he is healthy!!
Right now I'm watching foo.tball and surfing the net while Gri.swald, I mean Lance, is working on the Chri.stmas lites. It was such a nice day out that I put up all of the lites on the bushes in the front and back yard and Griswald was on the roof. It's nice to have a lot of that done before the snow flies and stays!
Friday, November 14, 2008
As I watch many friends struggling to get pregnant with their 1st babies, it brings to mind the saying "it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved before". Which I feel is very true in my situation. We are so grateful to have had Lily for those 5.5 months but still feel pain, especially tomorrow, as we're not bringing her home from the hospital but starting over with Baby2. The pain is not the heartbreaking ache that we felt after we lost her in July but more of a sense of loss for what could have been.
I also remember one of my friends (who also lost their 1st) saying that they would never have had their Miss Q (as they were only planning on having one baby) if they wouldn't have lost their 1st one. Not that she wanted to lose the 1st baby but she can't imagine life without Miss Q. So I too think of that...we would never have THIS Baby2 if we didn't lose Lily. We would have A Baby2 but not this one as that would be impossible. Of course we never wanted to lose Lily but that was never our choice either. As a Type A/control freak, the fact that I have almost no control over the whole baby thing freaks me out. I really have a problem with that...but again I have no control over that either:/
So I just wanted to take a minute and thank God for the blessing that is Lily and thank God again for Baby2 as only he knows what is in store for Lance and I and our parenting expedition.
On a different note, I think we have a sick cat. Poor Uggs was been limping on his right hind leg for the last 2 days. He's also sleeping a lot. He seems to have more life in him today but when he sleeps his breathing is weird and I just don't like the way he looks. I'm going to call the vet to see what they say and probably bring him in today or Monday. Of course this always happens to us on Friday! At least we do have an emergency pet hospital for nites and weekends and Casse.lton Vet Clinic can usually slide us in on Saturday morning as they have before with Teddy. I'll let you know how things go.
Have a great weekend! It's snowing lightly here and sounds like it will for most of the day but nothing is staying on the ground. Tis the season!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I've gained 2 lbs also:/ I was hoping that I would stay the same weight as I did with Lily (never went up a single lb all 21 weeks but I had a lot more sickness with Lily too) but alas that is not going to be the case! My jeans feel looser in the butt and thighs but the tummy is barely fitting. I guess it's going to be stretchy pants sooner than later. I just hope I can wedge myself into my bridesmaid dress in 3 weeks. God willing and grease helping -I will;)
Friday, November 7, 2008
Because it has been constant rain, Teddy has been inside for the majority of the time...only going out when necessary. It's amazing how little rain it takes to make a dog stink! We have this puppy cologne that smells like powder that we spray on him in between groomings. He absolutely HATES it! As soon as you go to the door that contains the spray, he takes off. He shows his teeth, sneezes and ruts like a bull. It is by far the funniest thing I've ever seen him do! We don't use the spray very often in the spring, summer or fall but definitely the winter! Once sprayed, he desperately wants to go outside to rub it off. He rolls around in the grass or snow trying to rub it off. Again, very funny! Due to my very sensitive pregnant nose, I can detect stinky dog from a mile away. I pulled out the spray this morning and had to bribe him with a treat and still chase him down. Right now he's running around the house trying to rub it off on anything he can. Do dogs not like to smell powder fresh?
Thursday, November 6, 2008
this is SO #1 on my list!! I can't wait to start showing again too. It's painful to have such an awesome horse just sitting in the pen waiting for me to get my crap together! To remedy this, Faith is going to the trainers in Feb for some finishing and hopefully I'm not too ginormous so I can show her in halter and showmanship while the trainer shows her in the riding classes. That should help fill my horse need:)
2. Be able to eat and smell anything and not gag.
- I am the QUEEN of multitasking and I cannot do it while pregnant. I don't have the memory or the energy for it. I have SO many projects I'd like to get done but mostly I wind up on the couch taking a nap. Thank God I have an amazing and understandable husband.
4. Go from sun up to sun down (like I use to) and not need to sit and rest.
5. Lift my saddle out of the trailer by myself without my husband yelling at me.
6. Be able to get my butt into the bed in the gooseneck of our horse trailer without the help of a crane, fork lift or Lance pushing my butt all while I'm giggling so much that I can't pull myself up. It's quite the process to get up there while pregnant. Hence the need for a RV instead of the horsetrailer.
-whether it's Diet Dew or an ice cold beer, I would LOVE to have some! Now I ~know~ several people that don't give up caffeine while pregnant and do have an occasional alcoholic sip or two but I don't. For 2 reasons.....#1 is that Diet Dew tastes weird while I'm pregnant. It has a metallic taste...ick. #2 is because I'm basically a goody-two-shoes and while I ~might~ have a sip or 2 of wine around Christmas or Thanksgiving I couldn't in good conscience drink while being pregnant. My perinatologist (w/ Lily) said having a glass of wine early in the pregnancy was not a problem and that Lily wouldn't be getting any of it anyways. I still didn't have any but she's the expert so a little sip here or there might happen as long as it doesn't ~smell~ funny.
8. Plan where to eat a week or 2 ahead of time without worrying about whether it will agree with me or not. (this is such a pain!)
9. Button my pants!!
10. Snuggle with my hubby at night.
- I'm so warm all the time (more so than usual) and Lance is a furnace so it's more like a firm handshake or a pat on the shoulder than nice snuggling in bed. Although that's how we got into this ~situation~ so maybe I'll have to rethink that;-)
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Other things on the agenda today include getting the black dye from the leather accents off of my red showmanship outfit. It cleaned up beautifully yesterday or so I thought. This morning there's black streaks all over! EEK! It better come off! I need to run to the post office and clean the house. Tomorrow is suppose to bring rain and then snow so I'm getting as many outside things done today as possible. Then I'm going to plop myself in front of the tv to see how the presidential outcome ends up.
Have a great voting day!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Take a look:
Next is Lance and I and Missy and Clay (my bff and her hubby) at our Halloween party. It was SO much fun!! Although this pregnant lady wasn't the life of the party as I was so tired but at least I made it longer than the other 2 preggos!
Lance and I are Cliff and Claire Huxtable from the Cosby Show!!
It was such a blast! I will post more pics of all the great costumes!!
Hope everyone had a great and safe Halloween!!