Monday, October 26, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
P: "Now let's bow our heads to prayer. Dear Heavenly Father (pause)"
M: ~tooot~ ~tooooooooot~
P: ...continues with the prayer....
~insert me and the whole row behind and in front of us rolling in laughter~ My mom asked if I needed to leave because I'm laughing so hard. I finally get control of myself and the grunting begins. Insert more giggles as Miss Thang grunts and groans and fills her diaper during the rest of the prayer. I was pretty certain the couple in the row behind us was going to have to leave as they were laughing SO hard at her. So "we join in the final hymn" and Miss Thang sings/talks with the whole song. It was so adorable. By now, I'm laughing again from her "singing" and the fact that she stinks so bad that my eyes are watering! It was quite the experience!! Lance is getting "church duty" this Friday....
It'll probably be Christmas before I can get my mom to go back to church with us!! :/
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
We are currently under a winter weather advisory for later today and tomorrow. Apparently Mother Nature did not look at the calendar as it is FALL! NOT. WINTER. Oh well...it is suppose to be 60 degrees this weekend so any snow that does come our way should melt. We're hoping to head to the pumpkin patch this weekend.
Well I'm done pumping and M is still sleeping so I'm crawling back into bed even if it's just for a few minutes:) Happy hump day!
Monday, October 12, 2009
It is snowing as I type. There is enough to cover the rooftops, cars and anything stationary. The roads are just wet as the ground temperature is still warm enough to melt the snow. It is WAY too soon to be starting this business.
Makenna had her 4 month appt on Friday. She did really well for her shots. Just a quick scream then I feed her and all was forgotten. She is growing like a weed!! Her pediatrician couldn't believe how big she is, especially height-wise! She grew almost 4 inches since her last appt. No wonder all her 3-6 month outfits are getting too short! M is doing great with all other development and actually quite a bit ahead but that is often a girl thing.
- standing all the time (w/ us holding her steady).
- rolling over constantly
- sleeping on her side or belly (eventhough I roll her back to her back)
- LOUD!! She's learned a whole new level of noise called screeching!
- eating cereal & starting oatmeal this week.
- needs to get back on her normal sleep schedule instead of being hungry all the time! I thought cereal would help that?
- wants to be held ALL the time & screams when you put her down. I do try to explain to her how Mommy does not wear a diaper and needs to occasionally take care of business or shower! Sometimes she just has to scream.
I had my photography class this last weekend....It. Was. Awesome!! I learned so much!!I will be practicing on M all week:) Thank you Ria!!!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
M is REALLY loving her daddy right now. She watches him constantly if he's in sight. It's very cute! I truly think it's all part of her master plan to get him wrapped around her little finger. Little does she know, but she already has;) We're still waiting to hear more of the laughing but I'm sure its in the near future.
I start teaching tomorrow and I'm totally excited for it! Especially if M is back on her regular schedule! I don't need a lot of sleep but some would be nice!
I'm also missing the horse show this weekend for my photography class. I'm really looking forward to my class but I'm also leading the points in all of my classes with my horse after only going to 2 shows (missing 2) so I know if I would have gone to this show, I'd win the year end awards but since I'm going to miss this show then I probably won't be able to retain my lead. If only I wasn't so dang competitive! Or good;) ha ha ha!
Saturday, October 3, 2009
- M rolled over 3 times
- is blowing raspberries and bubbles (which includes drooling ALL over!)
- laughed for the 1st time (she was looking at herself in the mirror and thought she was absolutely hilarious! It was so cute!!)
- vocabulary explosion...I guess sound expolsion is more accurate but MAN can this girl talk!
- has given up sleeping through the nite ...due to what I can only imagine is the fact that she loves her mommy SO much that going for more than 2 hrs without seeing my face is PAINFUL to her. ~sigh~ Mommy needs more than 2 hours of sleep in a row, you little crap! How can you be ~too~ upset when you lean over the crib and Miss Thing is SO excited and happy to see you...smiling like mad:/
- sitting and playing in the high chair. She's really into chewing on the tray. It apparently it much tastier than the chew toys directly in front of her. ? .
- started cereal today in hopes that I won't have to feed her 6-8 times in a 6 hour period and I'll get more than 2 hours of sleep in a row. We can only hope!! "The Girls" perform wonderfully so its not lack of food but this kid is hungry ALL the time. It just doesn't seem to satisfy her anymore. I gave her very diluted cereal in breastmilk with a spoon and she gobbled it up. I also gave her a little cereal in her "right before bedtime" bottle in hopes that she'll be full. She seems to sleep longer when we give her a bottle instead of direct from the "source". Why is that?? It's the same stuff just different delivery method. Weird.
I think that is it for Miss Thing's week. It's been a wild one. I start teaching on Tuesday so I'm hoping that M's sleep schedule gets back on track otherwise I'm going to be a crappy teacher. I'm all prepared for my classes this week so now I just need to keep ahead of all the planning and preparing. It's nice to have all the ready!
M's 4 month appt is on Friday...more shots. Ick! We were planning on holding off on cereal until after that appt but we were at the end of our rope. Hopefully the doctor will agree with our decision and guide us from there. I cannot believe we are already at that stage. Yikes!
I have my photography class this Friday and Sat. I'm really looking forward to it! I adore the photographer that's hosting the class so I'm sure I will learn a ton. We're also hoping to hit the pumpkin patch sometime as today's trip was rained out.
A BIG Congrats to D & D S. on the birth of their baby girl!! Can't wait to see pictures!!
I leave you with Miss Thang....