Saturday, November 28, 2009

Miss Thang decided..... (help!!)

that she doesn't want a bottle anymore. WTH?!! She is eating Stage 1 foods for lunch and supper but gets breastmilk for the rest of her meals either from me or via a bottle. She has NEVER had problems taking a bottle. Now she won't take one from Lance, Lee or my mom. Why?? I have no idea??! What do we do now?? Any ideas?? The only thing I can think of is to try a sippy cup which I think she's way too young for but what do I know. I need suggestions and/or help!!!

Today I fed her, then went to do some Christmas shopping while my mom and Lee watched M. They both tried the bottle but she wouldn't take it so they gave her baby food at 9:45 and 11am then I got home at 1:30pm and nursed her and again at 3:30 then went to the barn to ride. Lance tried the bottle but she wouldn't take it so he gave her baby food. I got home at 7:30, gave her a bath and nursed her then bed. That seems like hardly any feedings. Granted she's eating a lot when I nurse her but still.

Any advice or suggestions? Please:)

3 comments:

Molly said...

Keep trying - I'm not sure what kind of bottle you're using, but we had the best luck with Playtex drop-in's or the ventaire.
You could try just an open cup - I believe some of the breastfeeding advocate sites sell special ones, but it would give you an idea of what they're using.
Better that she prefer you than the bottle anyways - it'll keep your supply where you want it. :) Although I know exactly how nice it is to be yourself and getaway too!
Hopefully it's just a phase!

rocket.queen. said...

Totally not too young for a sippy. Q started to try and take one about that age.

Try the Nuby ones. BPA free and soft spouted which was easier for Q suck on.

Anonymous said...

and so it begins... NOTHING more frustrating than trying to get boob baby to take a * gasp * plastic bottle! I would suggest a sippy or one of those boob shaped bottles. Unfortunately she's going to have to take it if she gets hungry enough.