Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Baby acne

Poor Miss Makenna has a case of baby acne. She has absolutely gorgeous skin but yesterday I noticed a white head. Last night there were a bunch of white heads and today she looks like she is a cross between a kid with chicken pox and a teenager with a bad chocolate habit. Poor thing! She also appears to have a clogged tear duct in her left eye. Luckily we have her 2 week wellness appt on Thursday so I can ask the doctor to confirm all of this.

The princess is sleeping soundly since 8:45pm. YAY!! Now Mommy can get a few things done including shower and go to bed. I really don't know how single moms do this! At least I have back up (aka Lance) on the weekends. Now if we can just figure out a way for him to breastfeed! I would LOVE a full night's sleep. All in good time, right?!

Here's some more pics!


7 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

Baby acne usually clears up pretty quick..so I doubt you have to worry about it being a persistent problem. She is soooo precious Kelly, Mason would be flirting with her big time! :)

Lauren said...

The girls had baby acne that cleared up pretty quick. But Hannah had a clogged duct in her right eye. I constantly had to to wipe it for like 2 weeks but then it was fine. No medical intervention! Sounds like she is going through the newborn routine! I hope it's nothing more. She is way too beautiful for her own good girl!!! Lance is going to have a stroke when the little boys come callin!!

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly said...

ok my first post got messed up...sorry

she's a beauty! :) the baby acne will clear up on it's own, it's a nuisance though! try a warm wash cloth on her eye to wipe away the goop...it'll help open the tear duct as well. I believe you can also massage it a little to help it open. HTH! :)
Also...I promise the breastfeeding, seemingly endless days of getting no sleep will get better - usually like a "light bulb" moment it all starts to click. For me, all the trials of getting through the first weeks of breastfeeding all disappeared as soon as that "click" happened! :)

Birdee said...

That baby girl has my heart. She is so precious.

Jen said...

We definitely go lucky with Jillian in the baby acne department. But of course we never got the baby honeymoon. I'd say we're even now, but I definitely value sleep more than pimples, LOL!

Unknown said...

I am only offering my kid horses for sale due to genuine reasons.