Monday, September 6, 2010

Good reads??

First off, thank you for the suggestions on the e-reader, kindle, nook, ipad. I'm still not sure that I ~need~ one so maybe it will go on the Christmas list:)

Onto some more suggestions. Anyone have suggestions on good books to read? I'm just finishing the Charlaine Harris "Sookie Stackhouse" series and love them. Very funny! I've read the latest Janet Evonich "Stephanie Plum" book (& the whole series). What else? Is  "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" good? Any other recommendations? I've been listening to a lot of audio books while I grade homework. I love multitasking!!!

It is raining cats & dogs here! I love this weather:) I'm busy wrapping up work stuff and getting packed up for the horse show this Thurs-Sun. This is my 2nd to the last show of the year. The next one is the "Superbowl of Horse Shows" as my hubby calls it in Ohio for all of October. Can't wait until that one!! I'm getting a little nervous already for that but in a good way.

Makenna is again adding to her tricks. She already gives the "I'm done" sign but today she gave me the "more" sign. Of course when I tried to get her to do it for Lance she wasn't having it:/ Stinker! She runs everywhere, climbs everything and is a general terror! She said ball today when trying to steal Teddy's ball on a rope. I have a feeling the words are going to start pouring out and then there will be NO end! Maybe since her parents are such shy and quiet people, she will follow suit!! tee heee

2 comments:

Marie said...

Not a book, but have you started watching True Blood yet? It's based on the Sookie Stackhouse books. It's on HBO, but the first 2 seasons are rentable on netflix now. Love it! And especially helpful if you've already read the books - otherwise I'd think it's quite confusing!
One of my favorite authors is Jennifer Weiner - she has 5 or 6 books now? "In her shoes" was made into a movie - seen that? Anyways, it's Chic-lit and I love it!
Marie:)

Gina said...

I've read the trilogy from The girl with the dragon tattoo and it's FABULOUS! I loved them!