Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Working Wednesday....

I need a nap:) It has been a work-filled week and it's only Wed!! It all started with getting called in Sunday nite for 12 hours, sleep for a few, work more Monday nite, sleep for a few, and go back into work Tuesday afternoon. EEK! Our region has been slow this summer with the number of organ donors...I think I may have single-handily turned that around by having 2 donors at the same time!! A ~first~ for our lab and hospital. I'm officially the "donor magnet". I will be proudly wearing a tiara and sash to state that!! For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, I work for a solid organ transplant lab. I love my job and the fact that we help people. We work with people in need of a transplant and with deceased donors. When someone has progressed to brain death (most likely way but there are others too) and there is no possible way they will ever return (they're supported by life support). Either the patient or family has made the choice of organ donation (driver's licence), my lab does all the blood work for this. It's a very challenging, rewarding and at times exhausting job. It's a good feeling to know we have helped in saving up to 13 other lives by 1 tragic event.

OK, now I'm done with my organ donation plug!! I should be on a commerical:) I've got a nice relaxing evening planned after I'm done riding my horse. Hopefully the pager and treo will stay quiet!

No comments: