Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Scrap That Baby Blog Hop **updated w/ prize pics**


Welcome to the Scrap that Baby's Sweet Summertime blog hop!!

Thank you so much for hopping along on our first ever blog hop!



If you didnt come from Michelle or you popped upon this blog and didnt realize we were blog hopping you need to go to Scrap That Baby  and start the HOP! You will need to comment on ALL of the blogs to be eligible for the grand prizes listed on the main site. ! Plus so many of our awesome designers are giving away a prize on their blogs as well. You will not want to miss out. There are MANY MANY chances to win!



Our theme for this blog hop is SWEET SUMMERTIME!! The members of our design team will all be sharing fantastic summer projects, stories, tips or ideas for keeping cool and having fun in the summer with a baby along.

My Top Ten Summer Favorites
  1. The warm sun on my skin.
  2. An ice cold diet mountain dew.
  3. Ice cream!!!
  4. Renee's Drive-In (local burger shoppe that's only open in the summer)
  5. Driving with the windows open.
  6. Mike's Hard Lime
  7. My flower bed.
  8. Long walks with Makenna & Lance.
  9. Garage sales
  10. Staying cool by playing in the water (pool or lake) with Makenna.

*********************************************************************************

Here are a few summer layouts I just finished:







*********************************************************************************
Recipes:
This is one of our BBQ/picnic/potluck favorites!! I double and triple it since it's such a huge hit. This salad is better after it's sat in the fridge overnight so make it the evening before. Enjoy:)

Ranch Pasta Salad

Ingredients


3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta

1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets

1 cup chooped fresh cauliflower

3/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber

1/2 cup seeded chopped tomato

1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing

1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, cucumber and tomato. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.


S' mores Cookies
These cookies are the BEST cookies I've ever had! They are definitely a must try.

Unless you are on a diet.

Or wanting to fit into a 2 piece swimsuit.

I'm just warning you... I can't be held responsible;)


*********************************************************************************

I know I am WAAAAAY behind the times but I finally joined the B'ville library. How fabulous is that!! I can order books, books on CD and audiobooks online (aka in the convenience of my pj's and couch!!). The books and books on CD are shipped to our library where I can pick them up. The audiobooks can be downloaded directly onto my laptop &/or I-pod. So nice! So my reading has drastically picked up with the convenience and ease of this process.



Books I've read (& recommend) this summer:
Sizzling Sixteen
Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris
Happiness Project

Books I'd like to read this summer:
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
All I ever wanted

********************************************************************************

As an extra benefit to this blog hop, if  you leave me a comment and become a follower of my blog, I will put your name into a drawing for a special scrappy surprise.
The winner will win both of these Sassafras Lass lines.


********************************************************************************



Our blog hop run from today, August 18th until August 22nd . Invite your

friends to play for extra entries. You must comment on all the blogs for a chance at the main prize

The Scrap that Baby blog will be drawing for prizes on Wednesday August 25th! .



The next stop on the blog hop is........ Jess



Thanks so much for joining us!!! Have a great rest of the summer:)

33 comments:

Kelly Massman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Massman said...

Love the bright colors on your fun layouts!!! I became a follower!

JudyinNM said...

I absolutely love all of the bright colors on your layouts! So fun! Going to become a follower!

Dani said...

Ohh those pages are awesome.. so bright and fun! And I can't wait to try a few recipes.. you had me at ranch! LOL

Christy said...

I LOVE the bright colors :)

baltoscrapper said...

I love your fun, bright style!!

Jennybean said...

I love the colors on your layouts!

Salnclts said...

I love your LOs and will try both recipes one day! I became a follower

CreativeChretin said...

All your layouts are so bright and beautiful!

Robin Wade said...

Love all of your bright fun colors!! TFS!

Dawn Cox said...

those bright colors totally rock your lo's! off to the next blog...

Kalena and Justin said...

Love all the LO's and your list is making me miss WI! We had a place like that in LaCrosse that was only open in the summer and their food was to die for. Must be the miswest :D. Thanks for the insperation!Now off to the next

Melanie H said...

Gorgeous pages Kelly, you do vibrant colors so well.

I haven't had a mountain dew is soooo long. lol

I have the Sookie Stackhouse books here to read soon. Glad you recommended them.

melanie {DT}

Stacy said...

Your layouts are amazing as always. The blog hope is pretty fun. Yours is the best by far.

Jenny said...

love your fun stuff. welcome to the team!

Treasa C. said...

Fabulous LOs. I love the bright colors and how much fun they are.

scrappinsmiles said...

What precious layouts. I like them all!!

Chas said...

Love those bright colors. Follower now

Patti H said...

love all the brightness to your layouts

Chloe said...

I ADORE your bright happy sunny LO's!!!!!! Joined your followers :-) the recipes sound delightful!!

Kristin Summer said...

Wow, loving all the fun summer layouts, and thanks for the summer book recommendations...I've been close to buying the Happiness Project several times, and I think this might have been the push to do it!

Unknown said...

great inspiration here, hoping along

Alannah said...

loving your summer photos...I am also following you. smiles

Natalie said...

Love the cheery papers and embellies!! Wonderful layouts! Fun, fun, fun!

Angela624 said...

Your awesome:) And I'm only slightly jealous...love the colors!

Liz said...

Thanks for sharing a recipe love and the layout amazing

Tarin said...

wow, great layouts!! I am now a follower!

Vicki said...

Such sweet layouts. Love them. I am now a follower.

chiara_francy said...

fantastic summer-LO

Mum in the Making said...

Wow! Such cheerful layouts, I especially loved the last one, that green makes me think of fresh green grass! :) I'm filing that cookie recipe for next time, thanks for sharing! I'm following your blog, have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pages girl!

Ashley said...

I absolutely LOVE the colors on your layouts!!!! You're offering a FABULOUS prize, too! LOOOOOVE it!!!!

Faye Marie said...

Great layouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So artistic and colorful!!!!!!!!! I am a follower