Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I can't help it...

I love baking!! I would bake every day if I could and my waist line could handle it. I was browsing a favorite scrappy blog when I came upon her recipe for Banana chocolate chip muffins. Hmmm, I have ripe/icky bananas on my counter....Score!

So I whipped up some yummy goodness while the kiddos were "picking up" the living room (which actually involves just moving stuff around:/ ). The muffins were great! Both kids...Miss Eats Anything & Mr Picky Picky Its Not a Bottle....loved them. Success was mine!

Here's the recipe:

**I used mini chocolate chips and made the regular size muffins**

http://www.kerribradford.com/2012/08/09/banana-chocolate-chip-muffins/


Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

3 large bananas mashed
3/4 c granulated sugar 
1 egg, slightly beaten 
1/2 c butter, melted 
1 1/2 c flour 
1/2 t salt 
3/4 t baking powder 
1/2 t baking soda 
1/2 t vanilla 
1 c chocolate chips
After mashing bananas, stir in sugar. Add butter, mix well, and stir in egg. Sift together dry ingredients and add to banana mixture. After batter is almost mixed, add chocolate chips. Spoon into muffin cups that are coated with spray or liners. Sprinkle tops with some additional granulated sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-23 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes, then remove from tins. Makes 12 muffins.
I bake them for about 16 minutes for the mini muffins–which usually makes a pan and a half to two 
thirds of a pan.

I didn't take a picture of them and I don't want to steal Kerri's muffin pic without her authorization SO even better.... a cute picture of Mr. Man exhausted in his high chair:) 
**This was several months ago but he's still adorable!**




No comments: