Friday, January 22, 2010

It raining.... its pouring....

its going to be freezing! Yikes! Raining in MN in January is NEVER a good thing! It's 32 degrees and we are bracing for a HUGE storm. Lance is driving like hell to get home before everything starts to freeze. He's in Iowa. He's always in IA when we or they have a huge storm. Dang IA!

It has been a week of catch-up with work, house work, laundry, ect. Makenna is doing great. She's all over the place now. She crawls up our stairs with ease and especial speed if she's chasing one of the cats. The cats are definitely less than impressed with her right now. Teddy thinks she rocks. She's really wanting to walk while holding onto our fingers. There is nothing she won't pull up on:/ Thank goodness we lowered the crib mattress because she was standing there this morning trying to figure how to get out. It won't be long before we have to lower it all the way down:/ Stinker! I think she's working on more teeth. She's also pulling at her ears occasionally...I'm always afraid its an ear infection but I think she's just discovered she has ears. I need to look up what symptoms accompany an ear infection....just in case.

Other than that, I'm trying to gear up for the show season again. My 1st show is in April. I might hit an open show for a warm up. We'll see.

I've been trying to work out a little more. I'm doing a bootcamp at work that is kicking my @ss on Wed. It's AWESOME!! I try to hit the treadmill or walk outside at least 2 other days a week. I'm down a couple lbs but that was my ~Christmas~ weight;) tee hee A couple of my friends are kicking butt on weight loss so they have inspired me to loss those 20 lbs that won't quit following me around:/ If only I could go to the Biggest Loser ranch for a week or 2. That's all I would need to lose that weight. Probably not the healthiest way to lose...that fast...

I'm watching the Hope for Haiti...its heart wrenching... I want to go grab Miss Thing and give her an extra hug. All those kids that are without their parents.... I can't even imagine... I'd like to take a bunch of them... we have plenty of room..... and lots of love to give....
Who knew motherhood would turn me into such a... I don't even know the word....its hard to explain, I just know I would never want M to go through anything like that. I know NO one does but those of us that are more fortunate (like Americans) need to help. I know I will.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Uh oh...rain followed by freezing temps isn't a good thing. Hope Lance makes it home!

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.