Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm a showin'...

horses, that is!! I'm at a horse show yesterday - Sunday. We had a really good morning except my showmanship was crap. We're going to do a little schooling tonite but my pattern was ridiculous. Dang horse! Lance and Makenna were here with me but Lance forgot some things at home so they went back last night. Ahh.... another full night of sleep! Glorious;) When I talked to Lance this morning, he said it was a pretty long night. First M wouldn't stay asleep so she finally went down at 10:30pm which is 1.5 hrs later than normal then she was up at 3am and again at 5:30am then up for the day at 7am. I said that's not too bad...pretty much how she is every day so what's the problem? The problem is that Daddy isn't use to that schedule EVERY day!!! With no help!! Welcome to the world of Mommy!!!! You aren't getting ANY sympathy from me. And I'm not even sorry!
It is SO nice to be at a horse show and showing and riding again!! Love it!! This is where I was raised so its just second nature to me and I LOVE IT!! Love the people too. There is another baby girl who should be blessing the horse show world ANY DAY!!! Hopefully not at the show;) Her parents (& the rest of us) are so excited to meet her!! Can't wait!!! Good luck D & D!!!

Gotta run... I'm done pumping so I'm heading back into the arena/barn to socialize:) If I was a wise woman (& really I am but I'm a bigger talker) I'd take a nap before L & M get here. Back to the barn, I go;)

3 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

I bet that is so much fun! I'm glad you are still having fun and doing the things you love, that's so important when you are a new Mommy to still have "you" time! :) Oh, and I wouldn't feel sorry for Lance one bit either, haha! ;)

I love riding horses, I rode some when I went out of town this weekend (my uncle ropes and my cousins show hogs and things like that..I can't wait for their fair, we are going back again!) but when I rode them I kept getting cramps in my thighs..I need to get in shape! haha!

Jen said...

Sounds like a daddy out there will have a little more sympathy for a particular mommy!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the horse show! Hopefully you got to sneak that nap in!